Five minutes ago I finished watching the final episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, a series which I have binged from beginning to end over the past three weeks. Despite the fact that I’m 9 years late to the party (its last episode aired in May of 2005), Enterprise is now my favorite Star Trek series after the original.
Here are some things that helped to turn me into a fan of the show:
- production design was all about practicality – most of the time things had a limit, for instance the ship (Enterprise NX-01) was almost always outclassed by the ships of alien races
- using jumpsuits for uniforms was a perfect wardrobe decision which helped demonstrate the transition from our current period of space exploration to the time of Continue reading Enterprise: Unsung Gem of the Star Trek Universe
Do you know what hyperbole is?
Do you know who Kirk Montgomery is?
Do you know what you get when you mix the two?
I just heard an advertisement for the new Star Trek movie in which Mr. Montgomery is quoted as saying that the new Star Trek is “this generation’s Star Wars”. ORLY? I thought it was supposed to be this generation’s STAR TREK!!!!
Following this new variation on logic I can only surmise that:
- “House” must be this generation’s “Gone With The Wind”.
- The new Will Ferrell remake of “Land of the Lost” must be this generation’s “French Connection”.
- “Transformers 2” must certainly be this generation’s “Citizen Kane”
- and who could deny that “Operation Runway” represents this generation’s “From Here to Eternity”??
Alls I know is that THIS generation have their heads up their collective asses and that Mr. Montgomery is leading the charge. Just like Humphrey Bogart in “Ironman 2”.
Now THERE was a classic.